Keep track of your network
The dynamics of modern companies leads to frequent changes and expansions in the IT landscape. In theory, the daily job of designing, managing and documenting IT networks sounds very simple. In daily life, however, there is not enough personnel, not enough time or no budget allocated to it.
And as very often IT networks aren't limited to one location, things are getting even worse. To make sure the entire network stays up and running and to provide and increase the network’s flexibility, network operators need a solution to monitor and manage all the changes on a physical level.
Put an end to the patching chaos
As a leading manufacturer of structured cabling solutions, Telegärtner has taken care of this topic and has developed a solution for network designers and operator to design, adapt and document easily their IT networks.
What has changed?
Inadvertent or unguided patching changes the network access and causes security risks.
Which connections have to be changed?
Moves of employees mean connections have to be re-patched in time.
What effort does documentation really mean?
Calbe IDs have to be put into tables and data bases in time to avoid infrastructure errors caused by outdated documentation.
Where are new patch connections needed?
Missing or outdated markings make it hard to find one´s way through the many patchings.
The solution for smart network people: Telegärtner’s patch management system Owl
The patch management system Owl is the innovative solution to schedule and document changes of the IT cabling infrastructure. Owl’s components are the ideal basis for a working Automated Infrastructure Management (AIM). In many cases, legacy systems can be easily upgraded with a small investment and a quick return on investment. Network operators benefit from a better overview over their already installed network and from a more reliable planning of future cabling.
Owl supports network designers and operators with the daily moves, adds and changes, identifies patch jobs on-site, updates the documentation in real-time and reports the jobs done.
- Complies with the standard specifications for documentation (please see ISO/IEC 14763-2)
- Allows gradually upgrading the network with AIM thanks to matched system components
- Completes the compliance requirementsof ISO/IEC 11801-1
- Easy scheduling of moves, adds and changes
- Real-time documentation
- Explicit guidance for all patch jobs
Easy installation thanks to standard components
The Owl system is based on standard components from network technology. The Owl antennas fit on suitable 19" module carriers and patch cables can be easily and quickly retrofitted with RFID transponders.
- Standard components from network technology tested a million times over
- Transponders with RFID technology work contactless and reliable
- Temperature sensors to control the intake air
- Rack Lamp (signal lamps) for targeted detection of changes or orders
Simple operation thanks to flexible software
The Owl software's user-friendly interface enables users to plan changes in advance, control them during implementation, and then document them reliably and seamlessly. As the person responsible for the network, you are there live, no matter where you are: Changes are recorded and reported immediately, even to your smartphone.
- Reliable feedback to the administrator - also on the smartphone
- Easy input and transfer of designation structures
- Various additional functions such as the import of location and building sketches
- Open, integrated interface (API) enables communication with software solutions from other providers
Ideal for new wiring. And the retrofit.
Regardless of whether you want to create a new infrastructure or upgrade your existing one: With Owl, you can easily implement both projects. Existing installations can be gradually and cost-effectively expanded to an AIM thanks to Owl - ideally even without disrupting existing cabling.
Any questions regarding Owl?
telephone number: +49 7157 125-0